The Healing Power of Gemstones & Metals
All rocks and minerals originate from the hot, powerful magma of which the inside of the Earth is composed. Due to natural erosion and contact with the elements, these stones undergo different phases of development, and out of this process emerge the many types of gemstones –with their myriad of colors, shades, hardness, transparency, forms and healing powers. In other words, gemstones carry the chemical imprint of the Earth’s own evolution and are a miniature storehouse of the development of the Earth and the powerful forces that have shaped it.
Gemstones and metals have had a prominent place throughout history amongst the healing, spiritual and magical (ritualistic) elements of Creation and have been used for thousands of years. There is evidence that they were used in many forms by the most ancient civilizations. Gemstones have also been considered to have protective and talismanic properties, and to ward off evil spirits. References to gemstones are found in Sumerian writings and in Vedic texts, as well as in the first Chinese medical books. Many references to precious and semi precious gemstones and metals are found in the Bible, where they often symbolize health and godliness, since their power was directly attributed to the power of God.
The Ayurvedic doctors used gemstones to heal and prepare medicines; the Greek philosophers and the Arabic doctors talked and wrote about their power; the Romans carried them to ward off sickness or bad luck; the Egyptians wore them as amulets and took them in their tombs to feel protected in their next life. In Middle Age Europe, when Paracelsus –one of the fathers of modern Western medicine– was alive, one could purchase precious and semi precious gemstones in apothecary shops!
The inherent powers of gemstones are still recognized by modern Western science in the technological uses of crystals in watches, lasers, sonotherapy and computers, but their more subtle potencies, such as their ability to promote healing in the body, mind and consciousness, has eluded modern science as it has become more and more materialistic and forgotten about its own origins.
How Do Gemstones Bring You Health and Harmony?
1. All stones, crystals and gems have magnetic powers in varying degrees, and many of them can benefit you for their therapeutic qualities.
2. Like colors, gemstones emit vibrations and frequencies that can have a strong influence on your whole being.
3. Crystals create energy fields that enable you to be charged (or recharged) with their energies.
4. Gemstones are used for healing, transforming, balancing and attuning your body, mind and consciousness through color therapy and their subtle effect on the chakras or energy centers.
5. Crystals activate your abilities. They soothe and comfort, heal and balance through the purity of their frequencies.
6. The more precious and semi precious gemstones you wear, the more strongly you will be charged with subtle cosmic forces, radiating out into your environment.
7. Gemstones have the ability to heal and harmonize emotions that are out of balance.
8. An easy way to benefit from the subtle energies of healing crystals and gemstones is wearing our Gemstone Jewelry and Chakra Jewelry designs.
Beads made from crystals and gemstones have been considered sacred beads in many cultures and have been used for Rosaries and Malas (a type of rosary, also known as Prayer Beads, used for meditation to count mantra or prayer repetitions in the Hindu and Buddhist traditions), because they have the ability to harness and amplify the energy of prayers and mantras. This is why a personal connection with your Gemstone Jewelry is important. It can enhance your own vibration and clarity, and bring you healing and harmony. Consider the semi precious gemstones of our Sacred Gemstone Jewelry and Chakra Jewelry Designs sacred beads, because they really are!
Traditional Birthstones, Ayurvedic Birthstones & Modern Birthstones
Gemstones have been associated with different aspects of life, including astrology. Below are some of the gemstones associated with each month. Find the month you were born in and you will see the different birthstones related to it according to different traditions. If given various choices, choose the one that you feel you resonate most with as your own birthstone.
|June||Pearl||Alexandrite, Emerald||Pearl, Moonstone||Moonstone|
|October||Opal||Tourmaline, Aquamarine||Opal, Tourmaline||Jasper|
|November||Topaz||Citrine, Topaz||Topaz, Citrine||Pearl|
|December||Ruby||Zircon, Ruby||Turquoise, Blue Topaz||Onyx|